Hydrology and Meteorology Research Scientist
Ontario Ministry of Environment and Climate Change
Areas of Interest/Expertise
- Hydrology, Meteorology
- Analysis and simulation of dynamics in atmosphere-vegetation-watershed-water systems
- Impacts of multiple environmental stressors on water quantity/quality
- Holds adjunct professorship with Nipissing University of Canada, and Chinese Academy of Sciences, China.
- Adjusts the planning and design of hydrology-meteorology monitoring network at DESC.
- Conducts long-term monitoring and study of water quantity and quality of watersheds, streams and lakes.
- Leads on studies of changes in climate, hydrology, chemical mass balance, lake’s hydrodynamics and ice cover.
- Leads or collaborates with colleagues and partners to develop statistical methods and physical models for examining temporal and spatial variations, and impacts on hydrology and ecosystems.
- Works on integrated environmental system management strategies and policies facing multiple stressors.
- Received achievement and research awards in China and Japan.
- Co-authored 60 articles in refereed journals/publications, and more than 55 presentations at conferences and scientific meetings.
- B.Sc. in Civil Engineering, Wuhan University, China
- M.Sc. in Hydrology, Wuhan University
- Ph.D. in Hydrology, Wuhan University
- JSPS Postdoctoral Fellow, University of Tokushima, Japan
- American Geophysical Union (AGU)
- International Association of Hydrological Sciences (IAHS)